How Salt Nic Devices Help Keep You Committed
Have you just made the decision to quit smoking?
That’s great news! Your commitment to a healthier lifestyle might just have saved your life. Did you know that according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 80% of people with lung conditions are diagnosed with Chronic Pulmonary Obstructive Disorder (COPD) caused by smoking?
While making the right decision is the easy part, sticking to that commitment can prove to be a long and difficult road. Research conducted by the University of Toronto shows that an average smoker may make up to 30 attempts to quit before being able to go without smoking for a full year. Thankfully, there are many solutions out there that can help you with the withdrawal symptoms and after effects so you find it easier to quit – one of these options are Salt Nic Devices.
What are Salt Nic Devices?
Salt Nic Devices are other versions of the electronic cigarettes. Like conventional cigarettes, they also deliver nicotine into your lungs. But the difference is that you can avoid inhaling the over 4,000 chemicals that are also released with the burning of shredded tobacco. Using electronic cigarettes or vaping as the process is also called involves inhaling a vaporized liquid that may or may not contain actual nicotine. Typically, the liquid is a combination of herbal formulations, propylene glycol (PG), vegetable glycerin with nicotine flavoring, and other chemicals. You will have the experience of smoking. However, there is no burning or combustion.
Most Salt Nic Devices contain a Nicotine Salt E-Liquid that is heated with a coil running through it. The entire gadget has different components such as the small storage tank that contains the e-liquid and a wick that carries the liquid to the atomizer or coil. The air intake system assists in the heating of the coil that converts the liquid into vapor and transfers it to the mouthpiece. The device will also have a rechargeable battery, a charging port, and an LED screen that displays the battery life and allows you to adjust settings to your comfort.
The exciting thing about vaping with Salt Nic Devices is that you can combine the nicotine with a range of interesting flavors. You will have the sensation of smoking and inhale some amount of nicotine, but vaping can help you kick the habit as you switch to formulas with lower nicotine content. Over time, you will find that it is far easier to phase out vaping completely than it is to quit smoking.
Choose the Salt E-Liquid with Care
Like this feature on the Bustle explains, if you’re taking up vaping for the first time, here are a few factors to keep in mind:
- Like experienced vapers will tell you, it is advisable to buy your e-liquids from a reputable company. That’s because cheaper or low-quality brands may contain ingredients that are not listed on the label along with contaminants that can harm you.
- Both PG and VG or propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin give you different effects and sensations in your throat. As a first-time vaper, you may want to take into account the ratio of the two liquids and the nicotine content.
- Choose vaping liquids with flavors you like and enjoy. They can have hints of artificial tobacco, cocktails, food, fruits, and even, flowers that women may enjoy. Men can experiment with alcoholic flavors like beer, brandy, whisky, or perhaps, wine.
- Check the label for the nicotine strength before placing your order. For instance, light smokers who have been on less than 10 cigarettes a day can go for the 6mg and lower nicotine content. However, heavy chain smokers may want to go for the 18mg to 36mg strengths.
Experiment with the flavors and strengths until you find the one that satisfies your craving but is also enjoyable so you’ll stick with it for a good long while.
Is Vaping Something You Want to Do?
Are you concerned about the safety of Salt Nic Devices? Is this something you really should be doing?
Compared to conventional smoking, vaping is far safer and less likely to cause you harm. That is, if you follow the precautions carefully. Like, for instance, use the batteries recommended by the device manufacturer. You may also want to charge the battery according to the directions on the pack.
Here are some of the positives you can look forward to. Yes, quitting smoking is just one of them.
- According to the American Heart Association, vaping or using Salt Nic Devices is at least 95% less harmful to your health than smoking.
- Exhaled e-vapors contain a far less percentage of volatile compounds as compared to regular smoke or even your typical breathing.
- Vaping is perhaps, one of the safest methods for quitting your smoking habit. Go ahead and opt for high nicotine strengths at the beginning, but once you continue vaping, over time, you can lower the percentage of nicotine to 0% and finally, give it up altogether.
- Vaping mimics the physical and psychological effects of nicotine usage helping you make the switch easily.
- Replacing cigarettes with vaping can help you gain better respiratory function, and restore your senses of smell and taste.
Keep in mind that vaping or Salt Nic Devices are to be used only as an alternative to smoking when you’re trying to give up the habit. It is not advisable to experiment with vaping if you’re not a smoker.
Can Salt Nic Devices Help You Quit Smoking?
Whether or not vaping can help you quit smoking is a subject still under debate. However, results of studies released on EurekAlert reveal that vaping could be effective. Dr Caitlin Notley headed the research at the UEA’s Norwich Medical School reporting that, “E-cigarettes are at least 95 per cent less harmful than tobacco smoking, and they are now the most popular aid to quitting smoking in the UK.”
If you’re still hesitant about trying vaping to give up your nicotine habit, feel confident that it could possibly be the best decision you can make for your health. Try it, today!
Leave a Reply